Re: alternative processes.

>>I am new to the alt processes as well but what has driven me to it is
the hands on
>>experience, its visceral, tactal, and engages the senses
>>
>>The alternative, digital, seems more plastic, you diengaged, the
machine is doing all the
>>work.  There's no emotion to it, which in my opinion, is part of the
creative/artistic
>>process.

Do you think the alternative to the alternative processes most often
discussed on this list are digital techniques? I respectfully must
disagree. I think conventional photographic techniques are the
alternative to the alternative techniques most often discussed here.

If you come from a background of traditional photography, processes like
Platinum for example are the alternatives to traditional techniques.
Digital is also an alt process, but it is an alternative to conventional
photography and to alt processes.

I am not a fan of digital, but I have seen some very interesting digital
images created. Granted the machine is doing the work, but so what? It is
still the work of the photographer making the image. There is very little
difference - manipulation is manipulation. The computer makes it easier
and faster to generate hundreds of versions of an image.

Bob