Re: alternative processes.

>>I quickly found out that
>>unless I spent about $20,000 on a camera and/or back, the image taken
by digital
>>camera is nothing to get excited about (not just resolution, but also
what I
>>call the blue meanies, or the blue edge fringing on backlit objects).
So I
>>amended the proces to start with 4x5 and larger negatives (yeah, had to
buy
>>whole new camera systems), scan, then follow the path.

True, not to mention the cost of a printer. I guess it all boils down to
what level do you want to play at. If a simple digital system works for
you, use it. I still cling to the old techniques and they serve me well.
Remember, that by the time you save up that $20,000 to buy a camera
and/or back, the quality will have improved and the price will have come
down, and the system that sells for 20 grand today, will cost you far
less than 20 grand. But then, the next breakthrough system will cost you
$20,000. A vicious circle.

You can build a great darkroom for $20,000.

Luck and Cheers,

Bob