Re: Info On Jobo Drums

Sandy:

I use the 5-sheet Expert drum for my 10x8's on  a Jobo CPP processor. I tried to use a Unicolor roller base before I got the CPP, and found that the rotation sequence only turned the drum about 0.6-0.7 of a rotation. I was in the process of modifying the timing sequence but gave up when I got the CPP. Modification required building a switched relay unit using a 555 timer, transformer, etc, and was proving to be something of a pain.

I also had problems with anti-halation when I used a Jobo print drum to do my 10x8's, but have not had any at all since using the 3005 (and I have a two sheet Expert drum for 10x8's as well, which wouldn't work for smaller film sizes, I suspect).

The one thing I didn't realise about the 5-sheet drum initially is that the drum actually has holes in the bottom to allow water from the tempered bath to fill up the space around the film slots to maintain solution temperature. The drum is quite heavy when lifting it to dump chemicals.

Cheers

Peter.

                                WARNING

This email message and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for
use by the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.   If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient be advised that you
have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or
attached files is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the
information contained therein. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
InBox.

AFP Web site: http://www.afp.gov.au