Re: Info On Jobo Drums

Sandy:

I understand your point, and it may be that I didn't think through the process: my thought at the time was that at least two of the tubes would not get very much solution, as once the top is on, that is all that is keeping the solution in the tubes.

If you don't get a complete rotation, then some of the tubes never rotate far enough down to pick up the solution. Even if you  fill up all of the tubes before putting it on the roller, solution will still drain out of the upper tubes to fill up the space formed by the cap. If those upper tubes then don't rotate down far enough, and they won't, they won't refill with solution.

In the case of the Jobo, which has two+ complete rotations, solution must cycle through all of the tubes at least that many times.

I shall have to have another play with the roller again and see if it works. The five sheet drum I use is very fat, and just fits into the CPP trough.

Peter.

                                WARNING

This email message and any attached files may contain information
that is confidential and subject of legal privilege intended only for
use by the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.   If you
are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient be advised that you
have received this message in error and that any use, copying,
circulation, forwarding, printing or publication of this message or
attached files is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosure of the
information contained therein. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your
InBox.

AFP Web site: http://www.afp.gov.au