Re : Three-color gum prints

From: Pascal Miele (atelier.photo.miele@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 09/08/00-05:21:15 AM Z

>De : lva <lva@pamho.net>

>Hi Pascal.
>That would surely work and I'd still avoid lenses. But I'd have to say
>good-bye to that cherished E-6 to C-41 cross-processing. Rats. What
>would be the equivalent of a Wratten 25 on a colorhead?

wratten 25 on colorhead = maximum M + maximum Y = maximum Red.
it's not very acurate, but color acuracy is not your problem i suppose.
and don't forget to use panchro film !

>>OR the in pinhole camera separation
>
>Does anyone have an idea how to build a pinhole camera that exposes
>three sheets of 8x10" simultaneously?

a 3 in camera exposure is not a very easy project, an other way of
experimentation would be the 2 color way,
2 color in camera separation is an easier system: a "semi-transparent" prism
or miror behind the lens (hole) and 2 filters.
with this system you have many weeks (years ?) of fun and experimentation !
The 2 color system is a good system, you just need the good filters for
recording image and the good pigments for printing.
I think you will find documentation on 2-color selection in Clerc, or
Glakkides, or Kowaliski books.

good luck...
Pascal.