Re: Three-color gum prints/cyanotype

From: Sarah Van Keuren (svk@steuber.com)
Date: 09/09/00-09:26:45 PM Z

> I did write a process paper for a writting class a couple of years ago
> on Cyanotype. It's at <http://upnatom.com/cyanotype.html>
> If anyone does read it, please let me know if you think any of the
> information is misleading or wrong.
> thanks,
> garimo

Garimo, I read your paper on cyanotype and liked it on the whole. It seems
centered, personal and inviting. I did wonder about your contact printing
arrangement. I would include a sheet of 1" foam between the plate glass and
the plywood for better contact. Also, I would tape one side of the negative
with two small pieces of clear tape against the sensitized paper so that I
could inspect the exposure and be assured of a good print on the first try.
I would look for solarized grays where I wanted deep blues and I'd realize
that whatever was green or light blue would wash out to white.