RE: Advances in CCD to go with Canon

From: James Young (jamiehy@globaldialog.com)
Date: 09/12/00-08:59:57 PM Z

>I believe Japan is forbidden to sell a CCD sensor in excess of 4M pixels,
>national security issue. I have heard that KODAK has a 5 Million pixel
>design that they are putting on the merchant market and for internal use.
>These are the largest sensors I have read about lately.

Phillips is making a great CCD chip right now which is used in the
leaf and megavision camera backs,and probably others.
The chips are made in sections and later put together. The chip in my
megavision
back is a 6 million pixel chip. They can put them together into
larger chips, but it costs a lot do this. My back is the T-32 back,
and it does an amazing job with still lifes. The phillips chip is an
anti blooming chip, which is a great improvement over the Loral chips
in the earlier cameras.
Jamie