Re: New chip/ was Advances in CCD to go with Canon

From: Gregory Parkinson (glp@panix.com)
Date: 09/13/00-07:33:55 AM Z

At 1:31 PM +0100 9/13/00, Rod Fleming wrote:
> [...]

I was only 1/2 joking - for Judy's sake - and also serious. I don't have a
problem with photos of naked people. I do have a problem with the
common (but changing) assumption that "serious nude photography"
= "naked women". This is based on how much I'd rather see naked men,
how bad and cliche most photos of naked women are, and how some women
I know have told me they felt about seeing and understanding that for
some reason, women were meant to be photographed naked but men
weren't.

I thought the Gorman photo was good - a good range of light values,
very good model-portrait technique, and the model was blandly
attractive enough to not offend anyone. Appropriate for the
job.

Greg