Step Tablets (was: Re: Three-color gum prints)

From: Sil Horwitz (silh@earthlink.net)
Date: 09/13/00-10:57:36 AM Z

At 2000/09/13 09:47 AM +0200, Iva wrote:
>Judy Seigel wrote:
>
> > Have you got a Stouffer 21-step? Exhaustive testing can take the joy
> > out of printing, but to put an untried color on top of a coat you're
> > really pleased with & see that crash can also take the joy out of
> > printing.
>
>I am planning to get a Kodak No. 2 step tablet. I believe it has 20
>steps. It's a costly piece of film, somewhere around $90. Maybe there
>are more economic step tablets?

Get the Stouffer T2115 21 Step Transmission Guide, which retails for $5.40.
If you are in a laboratory and want the "calibrated" one, that is T2115C
and sells for $13.40, but I don't think it's necessary for alt work. You
can contact them for price sheets, etc., at:

         stouffer@skyenet.net or http://www.stouffer.net

They have a very comprehensive line of products.

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
teched@psa-photo.org
silh@earthlink.net