Re: Cmos sensors, more than you want to know

From: John Upton (yoko@home.com)
Date: 09/13/00-11:51:02 AM Z

ken Watson wrote:

> This is a marketing release. Remember...there are lair's, Damn lair's and
> marketing people;<)
>
> High-pixel, low-noise CMOS image sensor stalks CCDs

Imagek (renamed Silicon Film Inc.) has been promising for nearly two years to
market a digital insert to be used with existing 35mm cameras. They are now
saying they will begin selling the product directly from their website. This
insert uses CMOS technology which is discussed on their site:
<http://www.imagek.com/>. In earlier articles it was mentioned that CMOS had a
limited lifetime of usage (several thousand images) before degradation would
occur. I do not know if this still true of current CMOS technology.

John Upton