Re: Tutti Nudi

From: Rod Fleming (rodfleming@sol.co.uk)
Date: 09/18/00-04:01:55 AM Z

Hi
----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>

>I can't offhand think of one worthy
> photographer today doing this kind of stereotyped eroticized naked lady --
> or *sexist* stereotype.

Judy, I wouldn't like to be called disingenuous or anything, but in the
light of the above, a few names of the photogs whose works upset you would
be useful. The only one you have named is Mortensen and unless there are two
(heavens!), he's been dead this long while. You say you don't mind porn -
you don't specify soft or hard so I presume you mean the lot- because it's
honest, so, whose photography is it that irritates you?

I really don't think it's fair to call Jock Sturges "lousy", though he's
certainly not my all-time favourite either. The man has absolutely _no_
respect for feet.

Oh and to the Cactus Cowboy who missed the start- this thread is about nude
photography. Most people think it's pretty alternative when I take off my
clothes and point my camera at them............(Just trying to reintroduce
some humour)

Rod