Re: Princess Valerie

From: Steve Shapiro (sgshiya@redshift.com)
Date: 09/28/00-11:29:15 PM Z

Say, Jack!

Who's S ...you've got me thinkingbecause I met one of your thisterm students
and that this term student had mesaying you were a fool.

My Venice Beach termonology has you as a ' fool in your own courtyard.'
This, as applied by John Altune, gave credence to 'all is art that is done
by artists, like a fool is the player in his own courtyard.'

So long as you have a reputation, are accepted for wearig a berret and
showingdabbles that look like nude women, no matter that your name is
Coburn, you become accepted. When you show flat photographs out of context,
it's NG; but withinthe context of your own courtyard, in your own domain,
you can get away with less that spectacular work.

Since you own a corner of the world, are a player in your own courtyard; you
become a fool in the courtyard in spite of what may be a better act in
another realm.

Art is the performance of a fool in their own courtyard.

I call you a fool, Jack Fulton and I study in Valerie's Garden of Scholars
remark you are a player in your own courtyard. Am I the S in missives
addressed to this list.

My best to Rachael. May she cut better matts on Polk Street and advance
inthe courtyard until she too may become the fool of her own act.

S. Shapiro