Re: van-dyke mess

> >I've been doing some van-dyke browns lately and I'm not having an issue

> >with contras, but an issue with the finished print.  I'm using Arches
> >Aquarelle paper and when the print dries, there is a veil of silver
> >nitrate and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what I amy be doing wrong
>
>Hi Emma,
> Something similar or perhaps the same happened to me before... I
>hadn't added enough water when I was mixing the chemistry... Maybe your
>solution is also to concentrated???
>garimo

Well...I'm using photo formulary's van dyke brown kit.  I think you are right and that I might not have added enough distilled water to one of the mixes. =( That's so dissappointing.  My other question is...Is this a bad thing?  Is it going to make my images decompose more rapidly or anything like that??

thanks!

emma