Re: to squabble or not..

Richard Knoppow's note helps make my original point. "Chicken Little" scare tactics may keep someone from trying what is a relatively safe process i.e. gum printing. Richard is concerned about the dangers of dichromates, and rightly so, but he is now thinking that this chemical may be too dangerous to use based on a warning posted on this list.

To reiterate my original statement. It doesn't hurt to warn the people on this list about hazards but, if you are going to do so, please assume that they are intelligent human beings and not blithering idiots so that your warning is not insulting. Also, keep in mind, that some hazards are very, very well known already by most of the people on this list who are actually doing these processes. Also there are a number of people on this list with graduate degrees in all sorts of fields including science who are extremely well informed about hazardous materials and really do not want to listen to another lecture on the subject especially if the lecturer is speaking to us like Fred Rogers.

Bob Schramm