Re: a lot of over-exposed negatives: what to do?

on 4/16/01 5:02 PM, shannon stoney at sstoney@pdq.net wrote:

> alt-process, and I have come to the conclusion that most of the negatives I
> made over the past year are over-exposed for those processes.  That is, I
> thought my film speed was 320 for alt-process as for silver,  and it's
> probably really closer to 400.  So, all the shadow areas are over-exposed.
> But I would like to salvage these negatives if I could

"Salvage" !? What are you talking about? Between 320 asa and 400 asa? taking
in account the variations due to metering, accuracy of the shutter speed,
etc... your shadows, if over-exposed, would be over-exposed by a 1/4 of a
stop or so.
/ln
--
mailto:luc@overland.net