RE: Salt process etc.

Stephen

Make that the internet:

One of the links I've just added to the 'Alt photo' section of 'About
Photography' (http://photography.about.com/) is the electronic version of
the Reilly book,

Reilly, James M. The Albumen & Salted Paper Book: The history and practice
of photographic printing, 1840-1895.
http://albumen.stanford.edu/library/monographs/reilly/

It is really the book to read on salt printing and it is great to have it
available in electronic form , having been out of print for so long.

The whole 'Albumen' site is really a fantastic resource in this area of
course (and has been added to my 'History and Museums' section.

Chemists won't be of too much help, but as you have a UK
address, silverprint http://www.silverprint.co.uk
will have almost anything you want.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you want any further help.

Peter Marshall
Photography Guide at About          http://photography.about.com/
email: photography.guide@about.com
London's Industrial Heritage: http://petermarshallphotos.co.uk/