Re: Platinum/Palladium question (green crystals?)

Dan,  They are some form of iron and ?? ( I forget the exact compound here).
Dick at B&S may know.  If you have ignored them for many year I suspect that
you pour very carefully and only process one print at a time. I have seen
these crystal approach 3/4" x 2 inches in size, however never in my
developer bottle so large. The coating solution exposed to light will go to
the first available place after exposure and that would be your developer.
If one exposes brush strokes some of those nasties will not show up or will
but over a greater time than say someone that mask off large areas of over
coat.

Your developer can be "cleaned" of excess platinum by adding an amount of
H2O2 35%.  If you do so, you MUST let it sit for a while before use or you
will have a very contrasty developer.  Personal trials are the only way for
a printer to arrive at the best working methods for this procedure.

best,
EJ Neilsen

Eric J. Neilsen
4101 Commerce Street, Suite #9