Shameless plug

Hi All,

I've really appreciated all the discussion over the past several months on
the list, but it's a bit much at the moment -
so I will probably read the archives every so often.  I was hoping that
there would be a digest version, but the
administrators tell me that is not possible so, I will be unsubscribing.  I
would prefer that I be contacted at
Valphoto@hotmail.com instead of this address.

My 'Shameless Plug' is for my MFA thesis exhibition at Tufts University in
Medford, Massachusetts.  It opens
on May 3.  More information is posted on my webpage
www.valeriematthews.com.  There are no images up
there yet (it's brand new!) - but the show will consist of several 16"x20"
pd/pt prints and some smaller ones
of local, neighborhood barber shops.  All of the negatives were made
digitally via the 'Dan Burkholder' method.
Some were output to an image-setter while others came from my inkjet
printer.  I found a great service bureau
near Boston who output my negatives.  I will pass their name onto anyone
interested.

Re: the matting and framing discussion - I made my own wood frames!

Besides the pt prints, there are also several 8"x10" contacts of
environmental portraits that I have done over the past
couple of years.

Everyone in the area is welcomed to attend the opening.  I will be giving a
talk on May 10.

Thanks for reading!

Valerie

PS - I'll be starting to look for teaching positions (not necessarily in
the Boston area) if you know of anything available.
My cv can be forwarded upon request.