Re: Digital negatives for gum printing

Judy Seigel wrote:

> So maybe someone who ONLY wants a printer for negatives should get an
> oversize laser printer with high resolution?

No, don't go there, I've already been there and it wasn't pretty. The
bigger, higher-resolution printer I got was the same brand as my beloved
old 300dpi printer but they'd changed something between models and it
never worked well for my purpose. I've forgotten the details now, what
the problem was. I paid enough thousands of dollars for it that they
swapped it out for me a couple of times and then left me to my fate
saying that if I was determined to use it for something other than its
intended purpose, I was on my own. It prints text beautifully, and
weighs about 300 pounds. Luckily, it was about the time I gave up on the
laser printer that Epson brought out the first Photo stylus printer, the
first inkjet printer I didn't hate the output from, and I was able to
switch over to inkjet for my digital negatives.

Katharine