RE: RE: Digital negatives for gum printing

Joe, thanks for these detailed comments.  Your gum process (never printing
the same print twice) is similar to mine, which is why I'm hoping someone
else will do the comparative research!  ;-)

It sure would be nice to see a same gum print made using negatives made 1)
on an old clunker Epson using black ink, 2) on a newer Epson using colored
ink, 3)using the Cone system.  The problem, of course, is once someone
springs for Cone, there's little chance they would want to experiment with
the older methods.  I don't suppose I would.  There's time and effort
involved, and the chance that there wouldn't be any significant difference
between the processes - not a good thing to find, when you've just plunked
down several hundred dollars.

Keith

Joe says:

OK, I'll jump in here, with the disclaimer that gum printers always seem to
be testing this or that combination of materials, etc.  I don't believe I've
ever tried to do the same thing twice with a gum print.  As a result of this
continuous tweaking, many of my attempts at gum prints have been abandoned
halfway through as I went off in another direction, with another technique,
or a previously untested pigment, etc.  So, I have numerous halfway-finished
prints and a few gems that I treasure.

<big snip>