RE: RE: Digital negatives for gum printing

Hi:

I'm trying to get a sense of what aspects of the images properties are
a result of the printer itself and what is controlled by the printer
software drivers.

Do Mac and PC's have access to the same degree of control?

My next goal is to try and do decent color gum with computer generated
separations and/or computer generated false colored images.

(I've promised to do a photomosaic cyanotype quilt first!)

I've been using linux at work, I may try using it for separations. - there
are a number of printing applications for linux - one system CUPS
http://www.cups.org appears to offer a great deal of control offering
different resolutions, paper surfaces and dithering methods.

Is there anything in the standard print drivers that causes problems?

Trying to figure out whether or not I should "jump into the deep end" and
do this with linux, or stick to something everyone is familiar with.

Gord

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2