Re: why not small prints?

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob is right and wrong...you choose what works best in what
> size considering how much detail and tonality you want to hold and at what
> scale your subject matter and intentions work best.  > Subject: why not
small prints?

I completely agree---you have hit the nail.
   I printed a series of pictures of scenes in Venice at 8x10, framed and
matted in 11x14 frames.  Nothing sold, and they were priced pretty low.  I
blew them up to 30x40  "full bleed" and framed with no mat, (from 2 1/4 X
3/14 slides) and they were just right, and sold well.  the large image size
seemed to be what the eye sees, and while I preferred the smaller prints,
they big prints on the wall seemed to be a window to the original scene.