Re: Digital negatives for gum printing-Epson 1160

Lee Carmichael wrote:

> In regards to the unavailability of the 1160, one might consider the Epson
> 3000.  I believe that printer uses the same ink delivery system.

The Epson 3000 has been around forever and, (I'm assuming it's still
the same printer it's always been, otherwise they would give it a
different name, right?) in the days when it was the prototypical epson
printer I did not consider its output acceptable for printing negatives,
(big visible dots) nor were there any other inkjet printers that gave
better output at the time, and that's one reason I found alternative
methods for producing my digital negatives until the epson photo line
came out.
Katharine Thayer