Re: small will be beautiful again someday

I've never such a cry for the old small print . . in recent times.
However . . . I have been planning on making some large images for the past
ten years and am now (only) being able to do it the way I think they should
appear.
Generally, most of the photographs I print are small . . . like 6x9 inches.
The others are various in size according to what I think . . and, boy, do I
have a number of various thoughts. Out of all that comes some large stuff
like 4' x 9' cyanotypes and now these 4' x 6' romantic grainy images of
France. On the other hand a platinum print or two never goes outside of 7x10
inches but I've only made a few.

Most of the outdoor work I produce is in the 16x20 to 20x24 range.
Everything needs to have a voice (uhh, vision) in my mind.

In the long run, the idea of Small Is Beautiful, a book by E.F. Schumacher,
is the concept by which most people ought to be considering in their daily
life.

Jack Fulton