Re: powdered albumen

I'm interested in making albumen prints from 5x8 ortho litho film.  I just fixed the bellows on my Scovill Waterbury and would like to use a Nineteenth Century printing technique to make the prints.  I have seen several recipes and have found Richard Farber's book, Historical Photographic Processes very helpful.  The solution calls for 500 ml of albumen (15 extra large eggs).  I hate to waste the yolks.  I found a few references in the FAQ archives from 6/97, evenly split on the usefulness of the dehydated egg whites.  Does anyone have any further experience?

John McAdam