Re: powdered albumen

John,

I have both used powdered Albumen (bovine (cow), lab. grade), and "the
real thing"..eggs. In my limited experience the difference was minute,
if their was a difference. But most texts seem to indicate that fresh,
big eggs (from "free" chickens, ie chickens not bread (sp?..;-).) in
tiny cages in hughe barracks).

There are recipies on the web around for making cake of egg yolk.

You realy should check out THE text on Albumen printing: o'Reilly's
Salted and Albumen paper printing (surely got the title wrong), it's
available on the WEB, can't find the link right now, so I hope somebody
will tune on with the right link.

Enjoy Albumen printing! It's quite laborious, but worth it,

Cor