Re: Printmaking in the Sun

At 05:38 PM 8/9/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Gord wrote:
>

> > Just need to get an etching press and room for it.
> >
>  We did it in a printmaking class last year.  You can also print it as a
>relief print, but it will  look the opposite I guess. I think you can make a
>relief print without a press.
>
>--shannon

Yep. Use the same techniques as linoleum block printing. I worked at a
newspaper for a short while that used photopolymer plates on a converted
Hoe letterpress that ran 8 webs which made 16 pages each with a top speed
of 78 thousand and hour. the image was burned in reverse and carried the
ink directly to the paper. Another place, a metal decorating plant, use the
plates in a converted offset press to print UV cured ink on sheet aluminum.
The image was burned right reading and the ink was transferred to a rubber
covered cylinder then to the metal.
Any of the positive films by the way can be used with silkscreen printing
either with transfer films or photosensitive emulsions that work a lot like
gum emulsions. It doesn't take much effort to cobble a simple silkscreen
press together and print using watercolors or acrylic paints or anything
that can be squeezed through the mesh. This can go onto any substrate that
can be crammed under the screen too. How alternate does it get?