Re: altered dektol

On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2001, Gordon J. Holtslander wrote:
>

> > 100 mls Dektol
> > 100 mls water
> > 6 teaspoons Magic Baking Powder
> >
> > To produuce "normal" contrast images using high-contrast ortho film.
> >

> Gord .. is that 100 ml *stock solution* Dektol?

yes 100 ml stock solution of dektol

> I don't remember, BTW, if you'd tried the old method of simply diluting
> regular Dektol 1 to 7 (or more) for lith film... ???

I've heard its prone to uneven development and more finiky exposure

> Also, any particular kind of agitation for this method??

Agitated by rocking the tray about once a second or two - with a single
sheet in the tray.

> Judy

Gordon J. Holtslander		Dept. of Biology
holtsg@duke.usask.ca		112 Science Place
http://duke.usask.ca/~holtsg	University of Saskatchewan
Tel (306) 966-4433		Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Fax (306) 966-4461		Canada  S7N 5E2