best light for light box

Hello, Nick and everybody,

I wonder whether Philips brand is available in America, but I have their
leaflets covering three types of UV tubes:

1) Actinic lamps, colour /05, emitting UV between 300 and 460 nm with a
maximum at 365 nm, to be used for insect traps, diazo printing and chemical
processing.

2) Super-actinic, colour /03, emitting UV between 400 and 440 nm with a max
at 420 nm, for diazo copying, phototherapy (treatment of jaundice in
new-born infants) and growing coral in aquaria.

3) Germicidal, with a peak at 253.7 nm, used for killing and inactivating
bacteria, viruses and other primitive organisms - for treatment of air in
hospitals, food processing, air conditioning, disinfection of drinking
water, waste water, recycled water in swimming pools, surface treatment of
bakery products, disinfection of packaging materials and variety of
photo-chemical process (!).

I haven't tried any so I wouldn't know which are the best, as the proper
wavelength for bi-chromate processes remains a secret for me (by the way,
who knows the exact wavelength?), but my guess is that all should do the
job.

Voyteck

--

Jest niezly ... i liscik napisze