Re: Chrysotypes and humidity

Cor,

the drying over calcium chloride also seems to take care of unwanted
precipitation. Some dammage might occur if you leave the paper too long
particularly over ammonium chloride.

Just enough fluid is needed to cover the bottom. Be careful to mix the
calcium nitrate: it needs little water to dissolve in, and we need a
saturated solution. I ordered one Kg and poured too much water over it, so
I had to order a second Kg.

The gold precipitates easier if less ligand is used to accommodate
contrasty negatives.

One more suggestion: if you use John Rudiak's/Tony McLean's instructions,
do not mix the gold chloride with the sodium hydroxide beforehand: it will
not be stable, but change/go bad after about two months. The same is true
for Sol. B (the ligand), so mix only a small batch.

Lukas