Digital Negatives and Linotronic film output?

Hello!

In my search to make an Aquatint screen to try Photogravure with the solarplate system, I have found all I need to do is create and 80% gree photoshop file, and out put to a linotronic as film.

I read in "Printmaking in the Sun" That:

"The particular screen we recommend is made using random dot pattern generated by software by Linotype."

So my general digital negative questio in regards to linotronic output, is the stocastic screen applied in Photoshop (if so where) or is this a setting I tell the service bureau to print my file with?

These same Aquatint (linotronic films) are very expensive to buy. But to output an 8x10 lino film is pretty cheap here in San Diego, under $10.

Thank you for your help!

Mac Legrandi

--== Sent via Deja.com ==--
http://www.deja.com/