Digital Negatives and Linotronic film output?

> So my general digital negative questio in regards to linotronic
> output, is the stocastic screen applied in Photoshop (if so where) or
> is this a setting I tell the service bureau to print my file with?

The stochastic dot pattern is created by the RIP (raster image
processor) that is connected to the output device. In other words, you
have no influence on that pattern in Photoshop. You have to tell the
service bureau that you want stochastic dots.

BTW, you are not dependent on service bureaus with a Linotronic
imagesetter. There are so many other imagesetters with the same quality.
You just have to make sure that the bureau you are using has an
imagesetter that can output stochastic dots.

Greetings

Brahma