Re: Shelf Life of Van Dyke Sensitizer

Judy and all,

> On Sat, 18 Aug 2001, Keith Gerling wrote:
> > ... this time I was following the
> > directions as outlined in Richard Farber's "Historic Photographic
> > Processes", which cautions one to combine the chemicals in an exact
order,
> > which I did.  Upon adding the Silver Nitrate solution, however, a
greenish
> > cloudiness formed, and it appeared that the silver did not want to go
into
> CUT.....

Another very good information source on the internet for VDB printing can be
found @
http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Vandyke/vandyke.html.

Wynn White has an excellent online article about VDB printing which
references Dr. Schramm's formula for VDB solution.

His online example  photographs give proof of his write up.

> ESPECIALLY one with naked lady on the cover ):

What is wrong with the naked lady on the cover ? --- RDL  ;>)

Don