treating paper with oxalic acid

Speaking of Dmax:  I just read an article in View Camera (I read it in the
store and didn't buy it so I can't say who the author was) about treating
Rives BFK with oxalic acid to make it more amenable to pt/pd printing, so
that the blacks would be blacker and the scale in general longer.  (The
author then prints over the pt/pd print with gum, I think.)  I wonder if
this would work for other processes also, like cyanotype and vandyke?  I
think Judy wrote in Post Factory that she didn't like Rives BFK for
cyanotype, but I wonder if treating it with acid this way would solve
whatever problems it has. It certainly is a beautiful paper in other
respects.

--shannon