Re: Digital Negatives and Linotronic film output?

> "As mentioned in the section "Notes on Polymer Photogravure" there are
> two possibilities for employing digital positives in the photogravure
> process. Either the digital positive can be produced to correspond to
> an analog positive, with (average) densities ranging from zero to some
> Dmax; in that case two exposures of the polymer plate are called for,
> one to the aquatint film, and one to the digital positive. Or the
> digital positive can be produced so that its (average) density scale
> extends from zero to only 80%, thus in effect incorporating the
> aquatint in the positive image; in this case only one exposure, of
> this digital positive, is needed."

I see. I thought you're first exposing the continuous tone positive
*through* the aquatint screen, and then expose the continuous tone
positive without the aquatint screen.

I was already wondering about registration.

Thanks for the clarification.

Brahma