Arches Platine and sizing for whatever.

Hi on the subject of absorbency. I am going to try coating  (sizing) Arches
Platine with Dichromated gelatine, exposing to UV and then washing out and
drying. This paper does seem to soak up coatings like a sponge and does not
appear to be pre-sized, anyway.As I always use a temp support (2mm plastic
sheet) for my Direct Carbon work it would require just a little more effort
to do this sizing. Other sizing formulae may work very well and I might give
them a try after this experiment. Thanks for the tips, you guys.
            I will let you know the results.   Cheers
John Grocott- Photographist and Direct Carbon Printer. London (England)
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/grafist/myhomepage/artgallery.html