RE: MOUNTING

From: Nick Frazier (giganerd@mindspring.com)
Date: 12/01/01-10:55:20 AM Z

I am not a conservator, but I am a framer. Someone asked about references -
one set of standards that framers and conservators follow is those put forth
by the Library of Congress. General information can be found at
http://lcweb.loc.gov/preserv/.

I would recommend a non-adhesive mounting process for overmatted
photographs. For small photos (less than, say 16x20) that would be
conservation Mylar corners. For larger or heavier pieces, mounting strips
that support the edges instead of the corners.

Just one opinion,

Nick