Re: travel

From: Bob and Carla (bb333@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/01/01-11:33:21 AM Z

Gord is right!
    Having lived in Oregon for 28 years, I know that your greater danger will
be of just getting rain on the front element of your lens (and/or all over
your camera). One caveat I would offer though is about going to the
beach....you know that salt water is very bad for cameras......in Oregon
there is enough salt content in the atmosphere to destroy many things in a
camera without ever getting it wet. One time, I spent a dry, sunny afternoon
shooting with a Nikon F (very rugged) and the meter in the finder got so
encrusted with sea-salt that within a week or so, it stopped working. I took
it in to the repair shop, and they said the meter was unsalvageable. Since I
relied on hand-held meters more anyway, it was a minor loss.....but a good
caveat if you're going to the Pacific Coast.
Robert