Re: Advice sought on Epson Printers nuy another brand

From: Mark Kronquist (mak@teleport.com)
Date: 12/03/01-02:08:10 PM Z

I hope someone from Epson is lurking and will jump in here. Find another
brand. I know Epson printers are considered great but I purchased a 1200
(the prior model to the 1280) in April 2000 from Comp USA in Portland,
Oregon. The first was DOA out of the box. Which is not fine but it happens.
The replacement arrived in a couple days and has been a nightmare. The ink
tanks do not seem to maintain pressure and constantly need to be cleaned
(about every 10th page)

The printer has been to Epson's service center several times for feed
problems which seem to have been finally fixed...though the ink pressure
problem remains and seems unfixable...

If anyone knows the number of the Epson ombudsman...let me know Thanks
Mark
Uhappy Epson owner