Re: Advice sought on Epson Printers

From: Patricia Figliola Lewis (pflewis@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/01-02:36:36 PM Z

The 2000P says its inks are archival for about 100 years vs the 1280, which
is for 25 years.

Check CNET.com for latest prices and reviews. They don't have a lot of info
on the 1280, though.

I know all this because I just bought a new printer. I went with the Canon
S800. I am very pleased with my choice. It is more bang for my buck than
the 1280 and it's got a higher resolution. It's inks are also archival for
25 years and it also has the 6 color, separate cartrdiges.

I paid $299 for it at Ritz Camera (it was just easier that way), but I
believe you can do a BIT better on eBay. I just wanted it when I wanted it
and was not willing to wait!!!

Anyway, the S800 is also a CNET editor's choice (along with the 2000P) and I
can see why. I used to have a Canon s350 and was very happy with that as
well. I just needed to upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Patty