Paraformaldeyde

From: Robkin, Eugene (erobkin@uwc.edu)
Date: 12/05/01-10:06:07 AM Z

Paraformaldeyde is readily available around my part of Wisconsin in stores
that sell recreational vehicle and trailer supplies. It is used to control
odor and other bad things in sewage holding tanks. I cannot vouch for its
purity or freedom from perfume and other additives that might get in the way
of using it for other purposes.

My local WalMart usually has it in stock except sometimes in the winter.

I've wondered about this since the holding tanks are regularly pumped into
domestic sewage systems for final treatment. I suppose the bacteria killing
power is not enough to cause trouble in the treatment plants but I don't
really know.

ER