Re: Traveling to France

From: Alejandro Lopez de Haro (alhr@wanadoo.fr)
Date: 12/05/01-03:56:31 PM Z

Hi Dave:

I am the friend of Carl Weese and I am very glad to suggest certain places
that you must visit as a person who is interested in photography when
visiting Paris.

a-) Maison Européene de la Photographie
5-7 rue de Fourcy 75004 Paris

b-) Centre National de la Photographie
11, rue Berryer, 75008 Paris

If you have time, the Musée Carnavalet, 23 rue de Sévigné, 75003 Paris. I
remember I went to see a beautiful exposition of Atget and Berenice Abbot.

There is also the Société Française de Photographie, at 71 rue Richelieu,
75002 Paris, where they have the most wonderful collection of vintage
photographs. They have among others: Demachy, Puyo, Baldus, Fox Talbot,
both Nadar, Nègre, Niépce, Daguerre etc. The only thing is that I don't know
if you are able to see them if you are not a member. Just knock, you will
never know.

There is also the Bibliothèque Nationale, where they have an exposition by
Gustave Legray.

Well, I think that is more than sufficient for a weekend in Paris,
especially if you want to do sightseeing.

Best regards and a very happy and enjoyable trip to the most beautiful city
in the world.

Alejandro