RE: Gelatin Hardening

From: nze christian (christian_nze@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/06/01-04:05:50 AM Z

Hi Keith,

Sure, when I use a good paper for platinum( without to much carbonate in it
and with good sizing), I use it without sizing it.
These paper are well known and use by many : arches platine and Crane’s and
other described.on the net.

Sizing help when you use a paper which don’t work at first.
I use it when the paper is too (basic) in opposition to acid.( in this case
you’ve get a really contrasty image some graining and the paper stay brown
and is hard to clear).

Before I use to give a acid bath to such paper but I find that a good acid
sizing avoid this step.
I use it on paper like Lana royal, some batch of aquarelle arches, and
others.

In the second case I use it on too soft paper which absorb the solution too
quickly. Here I talk of BFK, moulin du gué, and soe thin japanese paper.
In this case I can avoid adding the oxalic acid in the sizing.
Amicalement

Nzé Christian
mailto:christian_nze@hotmail.com
http://www.c-nze.com

>From: Keith Gerling <kgerling@ameritech.net>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: RE: Gelatin Hardening
>Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 21:15:09 -0600
>
>I have a question, Nzé. Under what conditions do you size paper prior to
>making platinum prints? What paper? I have always thought that additional
>sizing was unnecessary when printing platinum.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Keith

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp