Gelatin Hardening

From: Keith Gerling (kgerling@ameritech.net)
Date: 12/03/01-09:51:55 AM Z

I've always followed a two-step procedure when hardening gelatin sizing in
preparation for gum printing. Specifically, I've coated the paper with
gelatin, let dry, and then immersed the paper in a glyoxal solution.
Recently I read about an method in which the hardener is added to the
gelatin prior to its being applied to the paper, thus saving a step. Has
anybody here had experience with this approach? Does it work?