Re: UV Article

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 12/07/01-01:52:27 PM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Question #2 is where in the world did you get two-bulb fixtures for, I
>assume you mean, 24 inch bulbs. I tried for years to get them, but around
>here could only find singles except for the kind with attached plastic
>"diffuser" to go under kitchen cabinets.
>
>Question #3 is would one of you folks please spell out what HID & HMO --
>no, we know that, I mean HMI, stand for?

Do you mean two-tube fixtures for 24" fluorescent tubes? If so, this
type of fixture is widely available in this area, though it costs
almost as much as the 36" and 48" versions.

HID is high intensity discharge (mercury vapor, sodium vapor, metal
halide). If HMO is a light type no idea, and I meant to ask Neal
about the HMI because I don't have a clue about that either.

Sandy King