Re: Re: William Mortensen Style

Smieglitz@aol.com
Date: 12/07/01-04:21:12 PM Z

In a message dated 12/07/2001 15:56:02, sanking@CLEMSON.EDU wrote:

<<I could not agree with you more and I did not mean to imply that it
was a good site. In describing it as interesting there was a
sarcastic undertone that apparently did not come thorough in my
message.

Sandy>>

I found this site a couple years ago as Owen had some Mortensen books or
videos on eBay as I recall. I eventually ended up buying the video (was it
"Monsters and Madonnas"?) from him. Probably shot in the early 60's with
Vincent Price narrating and talking about Mortensen's "picture-making" with
some footage of old ostracized Bill strolling the beach solitarily smoking
his pipe, working with his students on prints, etc. as well as some bubbly
accolades from one of his models (Mariam?). It was "interesting" in a
historical vein. But, very tacky of Owen to add about 15 minutes of his own
work at the beginning of the video. Just goes to show that Ansel wasn't the
only one who had clones totally unaware of what the master had going on.
Lots of bad shells and peppers out there too BTW.

Anyways, the video might be great for inclusion in an all-night feature fest.
 I just can't decide whether it should be shown before or after "Plan 9 From
Outer Space".

Joe