Re: Van Dyke over cyanotype

From: mark dungan (pinholeman@hotmail.com)
Date: 12/09/01-04:13:39 PM Z

>From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
>To: alt-photo-process-l@sask.usask.ca
>Subject: Van Dyke over cyanotype
>Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2001 15:25:27 -0500
>
>Hi folks,
>
>Any words of wisdom on the best procedures for making van dyke over
>cyanotype prints?
>
>Sandy King

Hi,

I've made a few and here's my personal tips:

---over print the cyanotype (the Van Dyke bleaches the print)
---dilute the VDB with distilled water (My personal preference is to dilute
it 1 part VDB to 2 parts water, although 1:1 and straight will work too)
---be careful not to overprint the VDB (it will take over)

Don't expect repeatable results. That's what I like best about the process.

pinholeman