Re: Ultraviolet projection

From: Luc Novovitch (luc@overland.net)
Date: 12/11/01-12:19:29 AM Z

>on a huge old vertical 8x10 enlarger...I had checked out the Fresson
>site so obviously something like this is being done...JC

John,
on their site they say :"with a technique made possible by a continuous
and artificial source of UV radiance, an arc lamp of strong power which
lights up the negative and the print is directly focussed on the
pigmented paper by a lenses corrected for the UV spectrum..."

So they use a UV corrected lens (which must be quite expensive) and an
arc lamp. I would think they use a horizontal enlarger. The design would
allow to have the light source away from the film, and it would be more
easy to come up with some kind of cooling device.

/ln

--
mailto:luc@overland.net
http://www.sotolgallery.com