Re: Modifying PMK for Rotary use?

From: Cor Breukel (cor@lumc.nl)
Date: 01/10/01-03:27:08 AM Z

Tox,

I am busy with the reverse..;-).. That is I have used Rollo Pyro in the
past, and I am testing PMK Pyro right now. I use the 2509 reel on my
JOBO also. The reason for this is that I do not trust the stability of
Rollo Pyro, or as it should be called: ABC+. I had problems with it in
the past: it went "off" after about 4 months, and brewn fresh it didn't
work, it apparantly had to ripen for a week or so before it gave good
results.

So I decide to brew PMK, also since Gordon mentions in his book of Pyro
that arial oxidation in the smaller 2502(?) tanks is not a problem.

My first test was with HP5 at 200ASA, 2 sheets in the 2509 reel,
pre-bath in SodiumMetaborate for 5 min, PMK 1:2:100, total volume 400ml,
at 24degC (this to shorten dev. time) for 11 min.

Nice stain, but by eye a bit higher B+F than with ABC+, but not much.
Have to print with this neg on silver and Pd though.

Next time I will try to increase A with 30%, per Steve Anschell's
suggestion in his Film book. I will also increase B with 30%, although
Steve does not mention it. Hope this will decrease B+F a bit, although I
am at this moment not sure if it actually a problem.

Cor