Ilford as POP

From: Christina Z. Anderson (tracez@mcn.net)
Date: 02/02/01-11:54:21 AM Z

Well, one of my students tried this yesterday and I thought it was cool:
Ilford MGIV RC, about a 40 minute exposure inside and outside on a cloudy
day, straight into stop and fix and wash, produced a beautiful, high key,
rose colored print. The next she exposed longer on Ilford MGIV fiber and it
was a dusty lavender. I sent her home with about 4 other papers to try:
fiber and RC Forte, Luminos, Kodak, and Oriental, so she will test to see
whether it produces different colors per paper. The print is pretty
soft/low contrast. It was a contact 4x5 negative. Fun to try just for
something different, so thanks to Randall Webb for this tidbit.
Chris